"Live Meat Bars"? I can't even believe
this shit exists! I just assumed there was some sort of anti-animal
cruelty legislation or something that would prevent something like this
from existing; but apparently not! Out of the six people I mentioned
this to at work, two of them had heard of it. (Or hadn't heard of it and
were just lying to sound cultured or whatever.)
Anyway, before I go off the rails, let me explain what the
fuck this Live Meat Bar malarkey is. Okay, so a "Live Meat Bar" is a
place where an "artist" slowly carves and serves up pieces of an animal,
usually a cow, that was "rescued" from a slaughter house in the name of
"art" or some wacky bullshit. I'm not fucking with you at all. I know,
look it up, it sounds like kooky bullshit, but it indeed exists. These
"artists" proclaim that they're "rescuing" the animal. Something like
Live Meat Bars rescue the animal from an undignified death, another
number, cold and industrial kind of death. Wow. You can spin anything
anyway you want apparently.
Supporters of the Live Meat Bar scene say that the animal
would otherwise be dying in a factory-style slaughter house, and they
turn the cow into a live art piece to "inspire creativity and promote
the freedom of expression" or some dumb dogshit. Live Meat Bar "artists"
cut pieces off a tied up, bucking cow who is crying out in agonizing
pain while onlookers applaud and eat the cooked pieces of meat. How in
the fuck do these people think this is any more of a dignified death for
the cow? Isn't it a tortuous, horrible, painful, humiliating way to
die? If you tortured a human being who was on death's door, I believe
they would attempt to end their own life prematurely. So if a Live Meat
Bar can torture a farm animal and say it was a dignified death because
it was going to die anyway, can someone torture a terminally ill person,
as long as it's referred to as art?
Live Meat Bars, ridiculous and insane. Terrible. I need to
do more research to find out how these end. What happens to the cow at
the end? The people who attend and perpetuate the Live Meat Bar scene
are absolutely insane and should be locked up and have the shit kicked
out of them. And I'm not even a vegan!
I feel you're missing a few important points here. First, the "art" is in the best burgers you'll ever have. (I don't know why they're so much better, but I've had them twice so far, and they really are. My guess is that it has to do with zero processing, for one thing, plus could you possibly have fresher meat?)
ReplyDeleteAnother thing, is that they aren't being killed, just having relatively minor surgery. You're not eating death like you would be anywhere except a live meat bar. They live a lot longer than any cow who walks or is dragged into a slaughterhouse. And when they're not inside the restaurant, they're out in the sunshine, enjoying their lives. What the hell is wrong with that?
Are you fucking serious?! Enjoying their lives? What the hell is wrong with you people, do you feel better about your disgusting meat eating habit , just because the animal isn't dead when you eat it? But it's ok to torture it in such a callous way? Obviously, the cow is going to need some sort of antibiotic after the first 'serving' is chopped off it's body. Are you eating that? And does the cow get any kind of pain meds or anesthesia? Are you not consuming those too? This is seriously disturbing, how anyone can look an animal in the eyes as you're eating it's fucking flesh. Do you pet them too?
ReplyDeleteIf you're a vegetarian, you won't understand this anyay. But no, you don't have to sit near it and look it in the eyes, and when people do pet them on the way out, they're thanking them and feeling better about themselves for not causing a death to eat a nice steak or burger. What dont you understand about that?
Delete